A Crash Course in LGBT Film 101
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 23 2014 5:00 AM ET
Michelle Garcia, Managing Editor
1. Fried Green Tomatoes
2. Paris Is Burning
3. The Color Purple
4. Valley of the Dolls
6. But I'm a Cheerleader
7. Kissing Jessica Stein
8. The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
10. The Rocky Horror Picture Show
This list is like a good brandy, a distilled wine that give a kick where it counts that promotes dancing and sing-alongs.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Alan Cumming on Getting 'Whacked' By Shia LaBeouf