Wonder Woman Solo Film Confirmed
BY Jase Peeples
January 23 2014 3:15 PM ET
Geeks around the globe rejoiced when Warner Bros. revealed that Israeli actress Gal Gadot had lassoed the role of Wonder Woman and would be making an appearance in the studio’s upcoming Man of Steel sequel alongside Ben Affleck’s Batman. Nevertheless, many questioned the studio’s decision to reduce the Amazing Amazon’s big-screen debut to a guest appearance in another character’s film rather than present most popular female superhero — and gay icon — in a feature film of her own.
However, Wonder Woman’s Hollywood adventures have only just begun according to reports from Variety.
Gadot has signed a three-picture deal to play the superhero, including not only her appearance in the Superman sequel and a future Justice League film, but a Wonder Woman solo movie as well.
Additional details about Gadot’s deal were revealed on the Israeli entertainment show Good Evening With Gai Pines, which reported that the actress will only earn $300,000 per film.
Though Gadot received some criticism that she is “too thin” to portray Wonder Woman after the initial announcement she had landed the role, the actress quickly fired back. "I represent the Wonder Woman of the new world,” she said. “Breasts ... anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine. By the way, Wonder Woman is Amazonian, and historically accurate Amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I’d really go 'by the book' ... it’d be problematic."
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen 1 hour 23 min ago
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival 2 hours 46 min ago
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 5:55 PM