WATCH: Amazing Spider-Man 2 Super Bowl Teaser Released
BY Patrick Yacco
February 01 2014 1:00 PM ET
Sony Pictures has released a teaser trailer of its upcoming super-hero film Amazing Spider-Man 2, with the full preview to be released during Sunday’s Super Bowl game between the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos.
The clip features Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) facing off against a bevy of villains, including Electro (Jamie Foxx), the Rhino, and the Green Goblin. It ends with the web-slinger saving Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone) from a perilous free-fall, which alludes to a moment in Spider-Man’s history that haunts fans to this day.
Members of the cast have spoken out in favor of LGBT equality over the past several years. Foxx has appeared in a PSA for LGBT youth and Stone has spoken highly of her gay fanbase.
Last summer Garfield was interviewed several times about his support for the queer community and was even quoted as asking, “Why can’t we discover that Peter [Parker] is exploring his sexuality…Why can’t he be gay?”
Amazing Spider-Man 2 is scheduled to debut in theaters on May 2.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'