WATCH: Amazing Spider-Man 2 Super Bowl Teaser Released
BY Patrick Yacco
February 01 2014 1:00 PM ET
Sony Pictures has released a teaser trailer of its upcoming super-hero film Amazing Spider-Man 2, with the full preview to be released during Sunday’s Super Bowl game between the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos.
The clip features Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) facing off against a bevy of villains, including Electro (Jamie Foxx), the Rhino, and the Green Goblin. It ends with the web-slinger saving Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone) from a perilous free-fall, which alludes to a moment in Spider-Man’s history that haunts fans to this day.
Members of the cast have spoken out in favor of LGBT equality over the past several years. Foxx has appeared in a PSA for LGBT youth and Stone has spoken highly of her gay fanbase.
Last summer Garfield was interviewed several times about his support for the queer community and was even quoted as asking, “Why can’t we discover that Peter [Parker] is exploring his sexuality…Why can’t he be gay?”
Amazing Spider-Man 2 is scheduled to debut in theaters on May 2.
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families March 11 2014 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia March 11 2014 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis March 11 2014 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 March 11 2014 5:55 PM