WATCH: Amazing Spider-Man 2 Super Bowl Teaser Released
BY Patrick Yacco
February 01 2014 1:00 PM ET
Sony Pictures has released a teaser trailer of its upcoming super-hero film Amazing Spider-Man 2, with the full preview to be released during Sunday’s Super Bowl game between the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos.
The clip features Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) facing off against a bevy of villains, including Electro (Jamie Foxx), the Rhino, and the Green Goblin. It ends with the web-slinger saving Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone) from a perilous free-fall, which alludes to a moment in Spider-Man’s history that haunts fans to this day.
Members of the cast have spoken out in favor of LGBT equality over the past several years. Foxx has appeared in a PSA for LGBT youth and Stone has spoken highly of her gay fanbase.
Last summer Garfield was interviewed several times about his support for the queer community and was even quoted as asking, “Why can’t we discover that Peter [Parker] is exploring his sexuality…Why can’t he be gay?”
Amazing Spider-Man 2 is scheduled to debut in theaters on May 2.
- From Jail, Kim Davis Still Refuses to Issue Marriage Licenses
- The Best (and Worst) Tweets About Kim Davis
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Op-ed: Kim Davis Deserves Criticism But Not for Her Looks
- Mo. Trans Student's Bathroom Struggle Is History Repeating Itself
- Bus Driver Says Rainbow Decal Violates His Religious Freedom