True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard to Star in Tarzan Film
BY Patrick Yacco
February 14 2014 2:00 PM ET
Alexander Skarsgard has made a name for himself as True Blood’s sexy Eric Northman, and soon he’ll be gracing the big screen as the literary hero Tarzan, reports The Wrap. The new film adaptation will also star Samuel L. Jackson and The Wolf of Wall Street’s Margot Robbie and will be directed by David Yates, who shot the last four Harry Potter installments. The film is expected to open in theaters July 1, 2016.
The first Tarzan novel appeared a century ago, and it’s safe to assume that most people are familiar of the story of the man raised by apes. But with scores of previous film adaptations, will filmgoers make it to theaters for this one? The studio sure hopes so. Sue Kroll, Warner Bros.’s president of worldwide marketing and distribution, said these "adventures of a man who was torn between two worlds has entertained and intrigued people young and old, and we are excited to bring him to the screen for a new generation."
Let’s hope that this film does better than the last Edgar Rice Burroughs adaptation: Disney’s John Carter grossed less than $75 million at U.S. box offices, making it one of the biggest flops in recent memory.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM