Which LGBT Icon Deserves a Biopic?
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 09 2014 8:30 AM ET
Alison Bechdel, played by Jane Adams
“My dream biopic would be a feature adaptation of Alison Bechdel’s Fun Home. It’s one of those books I buy in bulk so I can always have one on hand as a gift — it would be hard to find respect for a person who isn’t deeply moved by that story. I’d cast Jane Adams to play Alison because she has a great talent for balancing subtle comedy with heartbreaking undertones.”
— Desiree Akhavan is a filmmaker whose work includes Appropriate Behavior (Sundance 2014) and the Web series The Slope.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'