Which LGBT Icon Deserves a Biopic?
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 09 2014 8:30 AM ET
Alison Bechdel, played by Jane Adams
“My dream biopic would be a feature adaptation of Alison Bechdel’s Fun Home. It’s one of those books I buy in bulk so I can always have one on hand as a gift — it would be hard to find respect for a person who isn’t deeply moved by that story. I’d cast Jane Adams to play Alison because she has a great talent for balancing subtle comedy with heartbreaking undertones.”
— Desiree Akhavan is a filmmaker whose work includes Appropriate Behavior (Sundance 2014) and the Web series The Slope.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: Pride for Days In San Francisco
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death
- Will Marriage Equality Cause a Spike in Homeless LGBT Youth?