Which LGBT Icon Deserves a Biopic?
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 09 2014 8:30 AM ET
Alison Bechdel, played by Jane Adams
“My dream biopic would be a feature adaptation of Alison Bechdel’s Fun Home. It’s one of those books I buy in bulk so I can always have one on hand as a gift — it would be hard to find respect for a person who isn’t deeply moved by that story. I’d cast Jane Adams to play Alison because she has a great talent for balancing subtle comedy with heartbreaking undertones.”
— Desiree Akhavan is a filmmaker whose work includes Appropriate Behavior (Sundance 2014) and the Web series The Slope.
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Op-ed: Dear Cardinal Raymond Burke, I Am Your Gay Blood