Which LGBT Icon Deserves a Biopic?
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 09 2014 8:30 AM ET
Alison Bechdel, played by Jane Adams
“My dream biopic would be a feature adaptation of Alison Bechdel’s Fun Home. It’s one of those books I buy in bulk so I can always have one on hand as a gift — it would be hard to find respect for a person who isn’t deeply moved by that story. I’d cast Jane Adams to play Alison because she has a great talent for balancing subtle comedy with heartbreaking undertones.”
— Desiree Akhavan is a filmmaker whose work includes Appropriate Behavior (Sundance 2014) and the Web series The Slope.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality
- REPORT: Bisexuals Face Biphobia at Doctor's Office, LGBT Groups
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun