Which LGBT Icon Deserves a Biopic?
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 09 2014 8:30 AM ET
Jesus Christ, played by Lee Pace
“According to Paul Verhoeven's book Jesus of Nazareth, about the historical Jesus, the son of God and Lazarus may have been gay lovers. There is a theory that Lazarus was an insurrectionary who was captured and tortured by the Romans, and when, close to death, he made his way back home to his spiritual leader, Jesus nursed him back to health, hence the myth of Lazarus being brought back from the dead. It would make an epic love story. “
— Bruce LaBruce is a Toronto-based filmmaker, photographer, writer, and artist. His latest films, Gerontophilia and Pierrot Lunaire, debuted at the Venice Film Festival and the Berlinale, respectively.
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- 52 LGBT Superheroes and Villains
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Kids React to Same-Sex Marriage Ruling
- Excerpt: Trading a Fab NYC Life for Tennessee in Home Is a Fire
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015