Which LGBT Icon Deserves a Biopic?
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 09 2014 8:30 AM ET
Alec Mapa, played by Honey Boo Boo
“I’d make Talented Colon The Alec Mapa Story, with the word ‘colon’ spelled out, not the punctuation mark. Alec is the Pinoy Le Pétomane. It would star Honey Boo Boo as young Alec and use repurposed clips from Weng Weng films for Alec’s later life.”
—Andrea James is a self-described “tranny filmmaker and activist.” She is the director of Alec Mapa: Baby Daddy.
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- AIDS Org. Made Men Over 40 Pay to Attend Pool Party
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend