Which LGBT Icon Deserves a Biopic?
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 09 2014 8:30 AM ET
Alec Mapa, played by Honey Boo Boo
“I’d make Talented Colon The Alec Mapa Story, with the word ‘colon’ spelled out, not the punctuation mark. Alec is the Pinoy Le Pétomane. It would star Honey Boo Boo as young Alec and use repurposed clips from Weng Weng films for Alec’s later life.”
—Andrea James is a self-described “tranny filmmaker and activist.” She is the director of Alec Mapa: Baby Daddy.
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- 12 Quotes Proving Harvey Milk Still Gives Us Hope
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps