Stay In, Eat Up, Make Out
BY Michelle Garcia
February 14 2012 6:38 PM ET
Beef Tenderloin with Blue Crab and Béarnaise
makes 6 servings
6 (6- to 8-ounce) beef tenderloins
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh thyme
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
12 ounces lump crabmeat, picked over for bits of shell
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
11/2 cups Béarnaise Sauce
6 tarragon leaves, for garnish
Lightly coat each side of the tenderloins with the olive oil, pepper, and thyme. This seasoning of the meat acts as a light marinade, so it is best to do this a couple of hours before you cook the meat.
When you are ready to cook the meat, heat a large skillet over high heat and coat the bottom of the skillet with olive oil. Season both sides of the meat with salt and place in the skillet, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Cook the meat on the first side until a dark brown crust forms, about 4 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue cooking on the second side for another 4 minutes. At this point, a 3-inch steak should be about medium rare (125°F). If you have a thicker steak or want a more well-done steak, transfer the pan to an oven that has been preheated to 375°F and continue cooking to the desired doneness.
When the steaks are cooked, transfer to a warm plate to rest. Return the skillet to the stove over low heat. Add the butter and crabmeat to the pan and gently stir just until heated through. Fold in the parsley.
Place the steaks on serving plates and top each with a nice dollop of the crabmeat mixture. Top each serving with warm béarnaise and garnish with a tarragon leaf before serving.
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Travel Melissa Etheridge Performing Russian Anthem at Toronto WorldPride 1 min 37 sec ago
- Television Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay 10 min 23 sec ago
- Uganda Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List 59 min 41 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Miami's Winter Party Combines Skin, Philanthropy 1 hour 31 min ago
- Television Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine Quietly Breaks Ground 1 hour 36 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 2 hours 37 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 2 hours 52 min ago