Stay In, Eat Up, Make Out
BY Michelle Garcia
February 14 2012 5:38 PM ET
Beef Tenderloin with Blue Crab and Béarnaise
makes 6 servings
6 (6- to 8-ounce) beef tenderloins
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh thyme
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
12 ounces lump crabmeat, picked over for bits of shell
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
11/2 cups Béarnaise Sauce
6 tarragon leaves, for garnish
Lightly coat each side of the tenderloins with the olive oil, pepper, and thyme. This seasoning of the meat acts as a light marinade, so it is best to do this a couple of hours before you cook the meat.
When you are ready to cook the meat, heat a large skillet over high heat and coat the bottom of the skillet with olive oil. Season both sides of the meat with salt and place in the skillet, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Cook the meat on the first side until a dark brown crust forms, about 4 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue cooking on the second side for another 4 minutes. At this point, a 3-inch steak should be about medium rare (125°F). If you have a thicker steak or want a more well-done steak, transfer the pan to an oven that has been preheated to 375°F and continue cooking to the desired doneness.
When the steaks are cooked, transfer to a warm plate to rest. Return the skillet to the stove over low heat. Add the butter and crabmeat to the pan and gently stir just until heated through. Fold in the parsley.
Place the steaks on serving plates and top each with a nice dollop of the crabmeat mixture. Top each serving with warm béarnaise and garnish with a tarragon leaf before serving.
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- In the Galleries: Transformer
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year 8:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination 7:00 AM
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 4:00 AM
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary December 06 2013 6:53 PM