Stay In, Eat Up, Make Out
BY Michelle Garcia
February 14 2012 5:38 PM ET
Beef Tenderloin with Blue Crab and Béarnaise
makes 6 servings
6 (6- to 8-ounce) beef tenderloins
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh thyme
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
12 ounces lump crabmeat, picked over for bits of shell
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
11/2 cups Béarnaise Sauce
6 tarragon leaves, for garnish
Lightly coat each side of the tenderloins with the olive oil, pepper, and thyme. This seasoning of the meat acts as a light marinade, so it is best to do this a couple of hours before you cook the meat.
When you are ready to cook the meat, heat a large skillet over high heat and coat the bottom of the skillet with olive oil. Season both sides of the meat with salt and place in the skillet, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Cook the meat on the first side until a dark brown crust forms, about 4 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue cooking on the second side for another 4 minutes. At this point, a 3-inch steak should be about medium rare (125°F). If you have a thicker steak or want a more well-done steak, transfer the pan to an oven that has been preheated to 375°F and continue cooking to the desired doneness.
When the steaks are cooked, transfer to a warm plate to rest. Return the skillet to the stove over low heat. Add the butter and crabmeat to the pan and gently stir just until heated through. Fold in the parsley.
Place the steaks on serving plates and top each with a nice dollop of the crabmeat mixture. Top each serving with warm béarnaise and garnish with a tarragon leaf before serving.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Teen Uses Bar Mitzvah Speech to Call for Marriage Equality
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Commentary Op-ed: Immigration Goes Beyond Documentation 2 hours 9 min ago
- Day in LGBT America The Many Faces of LGBT Family 6:00 AM
- Comedy Meet the Lesbian Who Won a Comedy Cage Match 6:00 AM
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM