Mastering a Gay Ritual: The Boozy Brunch
BY Neal Broverman
August 17 2012 4:00 AM ET
makes one drink
"The showstopper in bartending is, without a doubt, fire. The classic drink for this purpose is the Blue Blazer, which is simply Scotch and water tossed back and forth in a flaming arc between cups. Impressive, but not quite ideal for brunch. And perhaps you don't want to dim the lights and drag out the chafing dish required for a Cafe Brulot Diabolique. The Cafe Royale is your single-serving recourse."
2 oz hot coffee
1 sugar cube
11/2 oz brandy
Rest a spoon holding the sugar and brandy over a cup with the coffee. Set the brandy alight. Once the flame has died down, pour the brandy and sugar into the cup.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- Antigay Texas Attorney General Surrenders After Indictment
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers