Mastering a Gay Ritual: The Boozy Brunch
BY Neal Broverman
August 17 2012 4:00 AM ET
makes one drink
"The showstopper in bartending is, without a doubt, fire. The classic drink for this purpose is the Blue Blazer, which is simply Scotch and water tossed back and forth in a flaming arc between cups. Impressive, but not quite ideal for brunch. And perhaps you don't want to dim the lights and drag out the chafing dish required for a Cafe Brulot Diabolique. The Cafe Royale is your single-serving recourse."
2 oz hot coffee
1 sugar cube
11/2 oz brandy
Rest a spoon holding the sugar and brandy over a cup with the coffee. Set the brandy alight. Once the flame has died down, pour the brandy and sugar into the cup.
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- Italy: Restaurant Fires Server for Printing Antigay Slur on Check
- WATCH: Men Claim Mailman Won't Deliver Because They're Gay
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers