Angels in America Star Patrick Wilson Joins Ant-Man Cast
BY Patrick Yacco
February 28 2014 2:37 PM ET
Theater and film actor Patrick Wilson has agreed to star in the upcoming adaptation of Marvel Comics' Ant-Man, reports Deadline. Wilson joins actors Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Michael Pena, and Evangeline Lilly in the Edgar Wright-directed production, and his exact role remains unclear. This is Wilson's second superhero film, following 2009's Watchmen, based on the Alan Moore graphic novel of the same name.
Wilson has had his share of both gay roles and those requiring some level of disrobing. He was nominated for both an Emmy and Golden Globe for his portrayal of closeted Mormon Joe Pitt in HBO's adaptation of Angels in America. In addition to his nudity in Angels, Wilson came to fame in the Broadway production of The Full Monty, and bared it all on film in Little Children and Watchmen.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM