Angels in America Star Patrick Wilson Joins Ant-Man Cast
BY Patrick Yacco
February 28 2014 2:37 PM ET
Theater and film actor Patrick Wilson has agreed to star in the upcoming adaptation of Marvel Comics' Ant-Man, reports Deadline. Wilson joins actors Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Michael Pena, and Evangeline Lilly in the Edgar Wright-directed production, and his exact role remains unclear. This is Wilson's second superhero film, following 2009's Watchmen, based on the Alan Moore graphic novel of the same name.
Wilson has had his share of both gay roles and those requiring some level of disrobing. He was nominated for both an Emmy and Golden Globe for his portrayal of closeted Mormon Joe Pitt in HBO's adaptation of Angels in America. In addition to his nudity in Angels, Wilson came to fame in the Broadway production of The Full Monty, and bared it all on film in Little Children and Watchmen.
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- Kim Davis to Appeal Contempt Ruling
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- WATCH: Deaf Meets LGBT in New Romantic Series
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis