Queer Comics: Featuring Vexed Wisecracker
BY Patrick Yacco
April 14 2014 9:49 AM ET
Childhood toys have a special place in the hearts of many people, particularly queer geeks. It’s never easy giving up those memories, as seen in this week’s selection from Vexed Wisecracker. Creator Mike Van Waes also looks at the cycle of meeting the same person for the first time, as well as mustering up the courage to not talk to a guy at a bar.
Come back next week for more strips, and check out additional work from Van Waes at VexedWisecracker.com.
(Click each strip to enlarge.)
The Teddy Bear Denial
Meeting New People
The Fine Art of Flirting
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- Op-ed: Why I Quit My Job at the United Nations
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- Robbie Rogers's Memoir Kicks Around Depression, Redemption, And Coming Out