Game of Thrones Hunk Cast as Aquaman
BY Brian Andersen
June 16 2014 1:39 PM ET
The rumor swimming around Hollywood is that former Game of Thrones star Jason Momoa has been cast as the DC Comics iconic sea king, Aquaman, reports HitFlix.
Though Warner Bros has yet to confirm the announcement it has been widely reported that Momoa is scheduled to debut as the king of Atlantis in the 2016 release of the Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice feature film, starring Ben Affleck as Batman and Henry Cavill as Superman.
Momoa should be familiar with geeks from his eye-popping and frequently shirtless role as Khal Dorgo in HBO’s poplar TV series Game of Thrones. He also starred as Conan in 2011’a Conan the Barbarian movie reboot.
Although Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice is technically said to be both a sequel of sorts to Man of Steel and a reboot of Batman on the big screen, the movie is also shaping up to be a launch pad for the highly anticipated Justice League movie currently slated for 2017.
With the addition of Momoa as Aquaman, the Justice League lineup from the DC Comics comic book series is nearly complete in Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice. Others include Gal Gadot , who has been confirmed to play Wonder Woman, and Ray Fisher, who has also been cast as Cyborg. Only the Flash and Green Lantern remain to be cast.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'