Queer-Casting the Next X-Men Movie
BY Brian Andersen
June 20 2014 8:00 AM ET
The green-hued, lizard-like mutant might not be in the forefront of any X-Team, but he’s still one of the few queer teenagers currently kicking around the mutant world. He’s determined to be a hero and works hard to be the best he can be while never losing his playfulness and youthful vigor. Imagine him as a sidekick to Wolverine. They would be a perfect yin-and-yang buddy cop–type duo for the X-Men.
Dream Casting: Dylan O’Brien
As Stiles, O’Brien is the cute, funny sidekick and best friend of Scott McCall (Tyler Posey) in MTV’s Teen Wolf. He would nail the goofy side of Anole. O’Brien’s showed his acting range as he played an evil version of himself wrecking havoc on his friends in last Teen Wolf’s third season, making it clear he’s got the got the chops. O’Brien can bring both the drama and the clever comedic one-liners.
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: There's No Christian Case for Raising Cash for Homophobes
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- Op-ed: Dear Straight People
- Op-ed: I Am a Straight, Female Sister of Perpetual Indulgence (And You Can Be, Too!)