Queer-Casting the Next X-Men Movie
BY Brian Andersen
June 20 2014 8:00 AM ET
Mystique’s longtime lover, Destiny is an older mutant with the ability to see the future. She also helped raise one of the most popular X-Men, Rogue. That family dynamic is a soap opera–worthy story just waiting to be told.
Dream Casting: Helen Mirren
Helen Mirren is a Dame and an Academy Award winner. She starred in the comic book-turned-movie franchise entries Red and Red 2, where she kicked ass as a gun-toting retired spy. Mirren would own this role while adding a touch of class to the movie.
- WATCH: Texas Airline Crowd Tackles Antigay Attacker
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Florida's Twice-Divorced Attorney General Opposes Lesbian Divorce
- Alaska High Schooler: Congressman's Apology 'Doesn't Mean Crap'
- Op-ed: I Am a Straight, Female Sister of Perpetual Indulgence (And You Can Be, Too!)