Queer-Casting the Next X-Men Movie
BY Brian Andersen
June 20 2014 8:00 AM ET
Mystique’s longtime lover, Destiny is an older mutant with the ability to see the future. She also helped raise one of the most popular X-Men, Rogue. That family dynamic is a soap opera–worthy story just waiting to be told.
Dream Casting: Helen Mirren
Helen Mirren is a Dame and an Academy Award winner. She starred in the comic book-turned-movie franchise entries Red and Red 2, where she kicked ass as a gun-toting retired spy. Mirren would own this role while adding a touch of class to the movie.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 52 LGBT Superheroes and Villains
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- Suicides, Antigay Accusations Sully Elite San Diego School
- Obama's Former Speechwriter Reportedly Held Secret Same-Sex Marriage at the White House
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015