The Characters of Frozen Come to ABC's Once Upon A Time
BY Brian Andersen
July 01 2014 7:56 PM ET
Disney’s animated epic Frozen delivered an unofficial gay anthem with its Academy Award-wining song “Let It Go.” Now fans of the film have a reason to celebrate once again, as the beloved Frozen characters are crossing over into ABC’s live-action series Once Upon a Time, reports Disney Insider.
The beloved television series has handed the role of Kristoff to handsome actor Scott Michael Foster (Greek and Californication), while the role of Anna has gone to newcomer Elizabeth Lail. The actress to portray the show-stopping Elsa has yet to be cast.
Once Upon a Time has been a favorite of gay viewers for the past three years thanks in part to its deep Disney roots and oodles of camp. The television show smartly weaves a soap opera-like story that feature such Disney icons as Ariel and Snow White.
Kristoff, voiced by out actor Jonathan Groff in the animated film, is the funny, adorable erstwhile love interest to Anna, the devoted sister to the ice wielding Elsa. Kristoff is the rare Disney hero who doesn’t rescue the princess in peril but rather supports and champions her throughout their journey to save her misunderstood sister.
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The 13 Biggest Trolls in Media
- Katelynn on Caitlyn: I Am Cait Through the Eyes of TV's First Trans Reality Star
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Debunking Bill Cosby's Claim He Can Read Women's Desires, Accuser Comes Out As Lesbian