Director Bryan Singer Leaks First Peek at X-Men: Apocalypse
BY Brian Andersen
July 02 2014 1:28 PM ET
X-Men: Day of Future Past may still be racking up an impressive box office haul around the world, but the film’s director, Bryan Singer, has already started hyping the next installment of the franchise, X-Men: Apocalypse. A new Instagram account has been created to keep salivating fans abreast of the production and the first image is of a page from the treatment for the mutant-filled flick, with references to the Nile River and the Four Horsemen.
Marvel Comics readers will remember that the über-villain Apocalypse, who is said to be the primary villain of the upcoming sequel, was once a powerful tyrant in 30,000 B.C. Egypt. He’s also had a rotating group of evil henchmen he dubbed the Four Horsemen of Apocalypse who’ve fought the X-Men on numerous occasions. Former Horsemen included twisted, brainwashed members of the X-Men themselves, such as Angel and Wolverine.
Though the out director has yet to sign on the dotted line to resume his directing duties, it’s clear he’s already amping up his involved in the film. Though he is the subject of a still-unresolved sexual assault lawsuit, the scandal hasn’t affected the X-Men: Day of Future Past’s box-office. It’s the highest-grossing film the history of the franchise.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV (Video)
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'