First Image of Superman in Man of Steel Sequel Super-Speeds onto the Web
BY Jase Peeples
July 03 2014 1:39 PM ET
It’s a bird. It’s a plane. It’s the first official promo shot of Henry Cavill as Superman from the upcoming Man of Steel sequel Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Warner Bros. released the photo – a moody image of a the hunky Last Son of Krypton standing in the rain – via USA Today, which accompanied a new interview with the film’s director Zac Snyder.
In addition to revealing he’s already shot a few scenes of Cavill and Ben Affleck as Superman and Batman together, Snyder also told USA Today he’s looking forward to working on upcoming scenes with Gal Gadot suited up as Wonder Woman, and revealed "she's working out and getting buff and ripped."
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is scheduled to land in theaters May 6, 2016.
Take a look at the full image of Cavill as Superman below and to see why this incarnation of Superman may resonate with LGBT fans more than any other, check out Man of Steel: A Gay Allegory For Our Time.
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'
- WATCH: Gay Dream Team of Michael Urie, Randy Harrison in Such Good People
- Prominent Queer Korean, Chicana Leader Killed in Her Atlanta Home
- Award Inspired by Martin Luther King Goes to ... Antigay Justice Roy Moore