CW Heats Up Superhero Shows With New Cast Members
BY Brian Andersen
July 10 2014 2:48 PM ET
The CW network’s popular TV series about DC Comics’ Emerald Archer, Arrow, quickly became an LGBT favorite with the addition of a bisexual Black Canary (played by Jacqueline MacInnes Wood) and frequent shirtless scenes of its hunky male actors in addition to exciting storylines.
The show’s upcoming spin-off series, The Flash, appeared to be on target to offer more of the same when we learned gay-friendly actor Grant Gustin (who played gay Warbler Sebastian on Glee) would be filling out the scarlet super-suit of the fastest man alive.
Now news has been super-speeding through the interwebs that both CW shows will be getting an extra hit of hotness.
TV Line reports that Superman Returns star Brandon Routh will be joining the cast of Arrow in the recurring role of Ray Palmer, better known as the Atom, along with Devon Aoki (Sin City) as the Japanese sword-wielding dynamo Katana.
Also, Variety also reports that Arrow star Stephen Amell’s cousin Robbie Amell — star of the recently canceled CW sci-fi series The Tomorrow People —will be joining the cast of The Flash as Ronnie Raymond, a.k.a. former Justice League member Firestorm: The Nuclear Man.
Arrow season 3 and The Flash are are on target to premiere in October on the CW.
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers