Gay Doctor Who Fans Win the Internet with Adorable Engagement Photos
BY Jase Peeples
August 13 2014 3:32 PM ET
When Dallas-based Doctor Who fans T.J. Mundell and Timmy Patterson got engaged, the couple planned to announce their betrothal in such an adorable way it may have caused a rupture in the space-time continuum, reports Buzzfeed.
After hiring photographers Shaun and Shannon Menary to snap engagement photos of the two of them, Mundell and Patterson dressed up as the Tenth Doctor (played by David Tennant) and the Ninth Doctor (played by Christopher Eccleston) respectively, had a custom TARDIS built, and then set up the scene for their photos outside a warehouse.
“We couldn’t just take ‘normal people’ engagement photos—we aren’t normal people,” the couple said. “With the upcoming series 8 premiere, the timing couldn’t be better.”
The new season of Doctor Who kicks off August 23, and the happy couple will say “I do” November 8 in Saratoga, Calif.
Take a look at their geektastic engagement photos below.
Photos: Shaun Menary Phtography
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House