BY Jeremy Kinser
May 04 2012 4:00 PM ET
5. BOOK: Season of the Witch
Best-selling novelist (and Salon CEO) David Talbot takes readers on an exhilarating ride through the tumultuous cultural and political history of San Francisco (Free Press, $28). Talbot weaves a magnificent narrative that incorporates key players such as Janis Joplin, the Cockettes, and Harvey Milk.
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Op-ed: What Barney Frank Still Gets Wrong on ENDA
- 5 Times the U.N. Resolved, Then Failed, to End Homophobia Worldwide