BY Jeremy Kinser
May 04 2012 4:00 PM ET
5. BOOK: Season of the Witch
Best-selling novelist (and Salon CEO) David Talbot takes readers on an exhilarating ride through the tumultuous cultural and political history of San Francisco (Free Press, $28). Talbot weaves a magnificent narrative that incorporates key players such as Janis Joplin, the Cockettes, and Harvey Milk.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Texas Airline Crowd Tackles Antigay Attacker
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- WATCH: Ellen Predicts the World Series With Male Strippers
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Alaska High Schooler: Congressman's Apology 'Doesn't Mean Crap'