BY Jeremy Kinser
May 04 2012 4:00 PM ET
5. BOOK: Season of the Witch
Best-selling novelist (and Salon CEO) David Talbot takes readers on an exhilarating ride through the tumultuous cultural and political history of San Francisco (Free Press, $28). Talbot weaves a magnificent narrative that incorporates key players such as Janis Joplin, the Cockettes, and Harvey Milk.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut