Hot Sheet: True Blood Returns
BY Jeremy Kinser
June 08 2012 5:53 PM ET
5. BOOK: The Truth Is Bad Enough: What Became of the Happy Hustler?
Michael Kearns has made history twice: In the 1970s he was the first actor on record to come out as gay and in 1992 was the first to reveal on TV that he had HIV. Also a gifted writer, Kearns has penned a sensational memoir (Create Space, $15.95) that looks back at more than a half century as he evolved from ribald party boy to impassioned artist-activist to doting father.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate