Hot Sheet: True Blood Returns
BY Jeremy Kinser
June 08 2012 5:53 PM ET
5. BOOK: The Truth Is Bad Enough: What Became of the Happy Hustler?
Michael Kearns has made history twice: In the 1970s he was the first actor on record to come out as gay and in 1992 was the first to reveal on TV that he had HIV. Also a gifted writer, Kearns has penned a sensational memoir (Create Space, $15.95) that looks back at more than a half century as he evolved from ribald party boy to impassioned artist-activist to doting father.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality