Hot Sheet: True Blood Returns
BY Jeremy Kinser
June 08 2012 5:53 PM ET
5. BOOK: The Truth Is Bad Enough: What Became of the Happy Hustler?
Michael Kearns has made history twice: In the 1970s he was the first actor on record to come out as gay and in 1992 was the first to reveal on TV that he had HIV. Also a gifted writer, Kearns has penned a sensational memoir (Create Space, $15.95) that looks back at more than a half century as he evolved from ribald party boy to impassioned artist-activist to doting father.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Kazakhstan Politicians Call for DNA Testing to Identify Gays
- The Media Pioneers Will Be Gay
- LGBT Groups, Conservatives Outraged As Straight Mates Marry for Rugby Tickets