Hot Sheet: Things Are Getting Hairy
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 17 2012 6:29 PM ET
1. EXHIBIT: Before We Were Queer
Highlights of this remarkable exhibit include artistic documentation of lesbian nuns throughout history, a sculpture recalling the first recorded relationship between two men, and photos of crossdressers in the 1860s. Through August 31 at New York’s Leslie + Lohman Museum of Queer Art. For more information go here and watch an interview with the curator here.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'