Hot Sheet: Things Are Getting Hairy
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 17 2012 6:29 PM ET
1. EXHIBIT: Before We Were Queer
Highlights of this remarkable exhibit include artistic documentation of lesbian nuns throughout history, a sculpture recalling the first recorded relationship between two men, and photos of crossdressers in the 1860s. Through August 31 at New York’s Leslie + Lohman Museum of Queer Art. For more information go here and watch an interview with the curator here.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'