Hot Sheet: Laughter Through Tears Is Our Favorite Emotion
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 07 2012 7:14 PM ET
1. TV: The New Normal
Trademark witty, rapid-fire dialogue and deliciously oversize characterizations mark what will likely be Ryan Murphy’s latest surefire hit. The sitcom about a gay couple (Justin Bartha and a star-making performance by Andrew Rannells) planning to have a child through a sweet surrogate (Georgia King) despite the objections of her comically bigoted grandmother (Ellen Barkin, hilarious). Premieres on NBC Tuesday.
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- #TBT: Halloween Exhibitionism
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene