Hot Sheet: Laughter Through Tears Is Our Favorite Emotion
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 07 2012 7:14 PM ET
1. TV: The New Normal
Trademark witty, rapid-fire dialogue and deliciously oversize characterizations mark what will likely be Ryan Murphy’s latest surefire hit. The sitcom about a gay couple (Justin Bartha and a star-making performance by Andrew Rannells) planning to have a child through a sweet surrogate (Georgia King) despite the objections of her comically bigoted grandmother (Ellen Barkin, hilarious). Premieres on NBC Tuesday.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- Op-ed: How the Voices of Children Have Helped Turn the Tide on Marriage Equality