Hot Sheet: Our Antibullying Hero
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 05 2012 12:16 PM ET
EVENT: Legacy Walk Dedication
In Chicago, National Coming Out Day will be marked by the dedication of the Legacy Walk, billed as the world’s only outdoor museum celebrating LGBT notables from around the world. A series of plaques commemorating those who have contributed to our history are going up on a section of Halsted Street, one of the gayest strips in the Windy City; the 18 initial honorees include Jane Addams, James Baldwin, Barbara Jordan, Frida Kahlo, Harvey Milk, Bayard Rustin, and Oscar Wilde. More will be added each year to the project, the brainchild of Chicago activist Victor Salvo. There will be a series of dedication-related events Thursday; for more information go to LegacyProjectChicago.org.
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'