Hot Sheet: Our Antibullying Hero
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 05 2012 12:16 PM ET
BOOK: Gaga Feminism by J. Jack Halberstam
Not only is Lady Gaga a preeminent figure in music, style, activism, and technology, but noted feminist scholar J. Jack Halberstam sees Ms. Germanotta as the symbol of a new stage in feminism, in which gay families and straight alike people defy society's boring normality. Halberstam's latest is a smart, funny, engaging must-read for burgeoning feminists, second-wavers, and everyone in between.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House