Hot Sheet: Our Antibullying Hero
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 05 2012 11:16 AM ET
BOOK: Gaga Feminism by J. Jack Halberstam
Not only is Lady Gaga a preeminent figure in music, style, activism, and technology, but noted feminist scholar J. Jack Halberstam sees Ms. Germanotta as the symbol of a new stage in feminism, in which gay families and straight alike people defy society's boring normality. Halberstam's latest is a smart, funny, engaging must-read for burgeoning feminists, second-wavers, and everyone in between.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School