Hot Sheet: Kiss Me, Kylie
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 02 2012 1:09 PM ET UPDATED: October 09 2014 1:31 PM ET
6. EVENT: Codebreaker, A Night With Alan Turing
Alan Turing, the father of modern computer science, was a gifted Brit who broke the Germans' Enigma code, helping the Allies defeat the Nazis during World War II. Despite his accomplishments, however, Turing was persecuted for being gay, and he took his own life in 1954. Now former Log Cabin Republicans president and filmmaker Patrick Sammon and his crew have produced a docudrama chronicling Turing's life. Theaters in Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Seattle, and Fort Lauderdale, Fla., will screen the film Thursday, with proceeds benefiting a handful of LGBT organizations. Go here for more information.
Watch the trailer below:
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'