Hot Sheet: Vampires Versus Masters
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 16 2012 4:50 PM ET
9. BOOKS: Liberation: Diaries, 1970-1983 by Christopher Isherwood
Not only did Christopher Isherwood pen some of the most important fictional portrayals of gay life, but his diaries, starting from 1939, have chronicled his own life and work in a masterful, honest way. This last collection of diary entries starts with his introduction into the art world via his partner Don Bachardy, in 1970, bringing the reader through fascinating scenes with major names like Warhol and Hockney. From Nixon to Reagan, Isherwood takes us along on a monumental last leg of life, colored by encounters with people like Elton John, David Bowie, and John Travolta. Available on Amazon.com.
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- PHOTOS: Let's Take a Long Look at Long Beach Pride