Hot Sheet: Vampires Versus Masters
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 16 2012 4:50 PM ET
9. BOOKS: Liberation: Diaries, 1970-1983 by Christopher Isherwood
Not only did Christopher Isherwood pen some of the most important fictional portrayals of gay life, but his diaries, starting from 1939, have chronicled his own life and work in a masterful, honest way. This last collection of diary entries starts with his introduction into the art world via his partner Don Bachardy, in 1970, bringing the reader through fascinating scenes with major names like Warhol and Hockney. From Nixon to Reagan, Isherwood takes us along on a monumental last leg of life, colored by encounters with people like Elton John, David Bowie, and John Travolta. Available on Amazon.com.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights