Hot Sheet: A Young and Wild Deathtrap
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 30 2012 3:58 PM ET
6. FILM: Young & Wild
Chilean director Marialy Rivas’s debut feature is a provocative and playful (and very NC-17) story that reminds us of how entwined teenage sexual awakening and political coming of age is. The movie, in theaters today, centers on attractive 17-year-old Daniela, who finds that she wants more out of life (and her loins) than her evangelical family will allow. So she taps into a network of horny teens with her racy blog (which lends the film its title) while working at her family’s Christian TV station (as punishment for getting booted from school). Played expertly by Alicia Rodriguez, Daniela has a series of encounters while realizing that she refuses to limit her pleasures. In one of the hottest scenes, Daniel has sex with a woman named Sailor (played by the sexy Maria Gracia Omegna), a moment that makes the entire film worth viewing for many. Young & Wild (Sundance Selects) will release in New York at IFC Center and on video-on-demand nationwide today.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown