Hot Sheet: The Skinny on What to Watch
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 07 2012 3:20 PM ET
9. THEATER: Second City’s A Christmas Carol: Twist Your Dickens!
Alumni of the venerable comedy troupe created and star in this hilarious, irreverent parody, featuring homicidal Cratchits, hard-partying ghosts, and a cameo appearance by George Bailey. Interspersed throughout the show are send-ups of other holiday classics, such as A Charlie Brown Christmas, in which the “lost ending” confirms, among other things, something we always suspected about Peppermint Patty. A variety of guest stars will appear during the run; LGBT celebs expected to pop up include George Takei, Bruce Vilanch, Miss Coco Peru, Sheila Kuehl, and Susan Feniger. Just opened at the Kirk Douglas Theatre in Los Angeles–adjacent Culver City; runs through December 30.
- Women WATCH: A Tux-Clad Ellen DeGeneres Dances in the Streets for 1st Oscars Promo! 51 min 7 sec ago
- Television The Top 10 Greatest Gay Holiday Cartoons 1 hour 3 min ago
- Media Duck Dynasty May Be Over After Antigay Tirade UPDATED: 1 hour 12 min ago
- World News Uganda Passes Anti-Homosexuality Bill 1 hour 43 min ago
- Books Was Norman Rockwell Gay? 2 hours 58 min ago
- Year in Review Fab or Fail? 2013's Cultural Ups and Downs 10:13 AM
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 27 Awesome Gifts for Entertainment Buffs 4:00 AM