Hot Sheet: The Skinny on What to Watch
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 07 2012 3:20 PM ET
9. THEATER: Second City’s A Christmas Carol: Twist Your Dickens!
Alumni of the venerable comedy troupe created and star in this hilarious, irreverent parody, featuring homicidal Cratchits, hard-partying ghosts, and a cameo appearance by George Bailey. Interspersed throughout the show are send-ups of other holiday classics, such as A Charlie Brown Christmas, in which the “lost ending” confirms, among other things, something we always suspected about Peppermint Patty. A variety of guest stars will appear during the run; LGBT celebs expected to pop up include George Takei, Bruce Vilanch, Miss Coco Peru, Sheila Kuehl, and Susan Feniger. Just opened at the Kirk Douglas Theatre in Los Angeles–adjacent Culver City; runs through December 30.
- Federal Judge Rules for Marriage Equality in Arkansas
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Right-Wing Group Targets Trans-Friendly Federal Nominee
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died