Hot Sheet: The Skinny on What to Watch
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 07 2012 4:20 PM ET
9. THEATER: Second City’s A Christmas Carol: Twist Your Dickens!
Alumni of the venerable comedy troupe created and star in this hilarious, irreverent parody, featuring homicidal Cratchits, hard-partying ghosts, and a cameo appearance by George Bailey. Interspersed throughout the show are send-ups of other holiday classics, such as A Charlie Brown Christmas, in which the “lost ending” confirms, among other things, something we always suspected about Peppermint Patty. A variety of guest stars will appear during the run; LGBT celebs expected to pop up include George Takei, Bruce Vilanch, Miss Coco Peru, Sheila Kuehl, and Susan Feniger. Just opened at the Kirk Douglas Theatre in Los Angeles–adjacent Culver City; runs through December 30.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'