Hot Sheet: The Skinny on What to Watch
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 07 2012 4:20 PM ET
9. THEATER: Second City’s A Christmas Carol: Twist Your Dickens!
Alumni of the venerable comedy troupe created and star in this hilarious, irreverent parody, featuring homicidal Cratchits, hard-partying ghosts, and a cameo appearance by George Bailey. Interspersed throughout the show are send-ups of other holiday classics, such as A Charlie Brown Christmas, in which the “lost ending” confirms, among other things, something we always suspected about Peppermint Patty. A variety of guest stars will appear during the run; LGBT celebs expected to pop up include George Takei, Bruce Vilanch, Miss Coco Peru, Sheila Kuehl, and Susan Feniger. Just opened at the Kirk Douglas Theatre in Los Angeles–adjacent Culver City; runs through December 30.
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Welcome to Night Vale: Where Queer Is Normal and Normal Is Bizarre
- Op-ed: Finding Sympathy for the Most Hated Woman in America
- PHOTOS: What Pride Looks Like in a Still-Hesitant Serbia