Hot Sheet: The Skinny on What to Watch
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 07 2012 4:20 PM ET
8. DVD: Ice Age: Continental Drift on DVD and Blu-ray 3D
By now you either love or hate the Ice Age franchise — and that may depend on whether you have kids. This fourth film offers all the same laughs, many of the same characters, and a good dose of subtextual adult humor. In fact, based on actors alone, it’s worth a gander by LGBT audiences; There’s Queen Latifah, Heather Morris (bisexual Brittany on Glee), John Leguizamo (To Wong Foo), lesbian comic Wanda Sykes, Peter Dinklage (Game of Thrones), and bio-queen-but-not-bi hip-hopper Nicki Minaj. The best part, though, and the reason lesbians are going to buy this film, is its first-of-a-kind sign mode. Sure, there’s a coloring app and interactive music videos (with a sing-along dance mode) and featurettes, but the release also marks the first time viewers can watch the film in sign language with picture-in-picture American Sign Language Interpretation from actor Sean Berdy (of Switched at Birth fame). It’s like Hollywood meets the Michigan Womyn’s Music Festival.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Analysis: Nope, Same-Sex Marriage Doesn't Dissuade Straight People from Getting Married