Hot Sheet: Any Day Art
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 14 2012 2:26 PM ET
1. FILM: Any Day Now
Any Day Now stars the incomparable Alan Cumming and Garret Dillahunt as a gay couple who adopt a teenage boy with Down syndrome (Issac Leyva) who’s abandoned by his drug-addict mother and taken in by the two men. Set in the 1970s, the powerful film touches on struggles for gay couples when adopting, on the differently-abled foster children who too often fall between the cracks of the state support system, and draws powerful parallels that show us just how little has changed for many LGBT families around the country. Cumming’s performance has been hailed as the best of his career, and the film earned audience awards at numerous film festivals, including Tribeca Film Fest, OutFest 2012, Woodstock Film Festival, and the Chicago International Film Festival. From director Travis Fine and Music Box Films, Any Day Now opens in theaters nationwide today. Watch the trailer below.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View