Hot Sheet: Unpredictable Folk
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 04 2013 3:10 PM ET
5. DANCE: Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo
If you were the little boy who wanted to dance en pointe, here is your dream come true. The company was founded almost 40 years ago, and the delight is not in low-ball camp but beautifully executed and informed dance with a very smart wink. A highlight of the company's Joyce season is the New York premiere of an excerpt from the final act of Laurencia, a 1939 piece about a peasant revolution, originally choreographed by Vakhtang Chabukiani. The programs also feature favorites like Paquita and Go for Barocco. The Chicago Tribune notes a star turn by prima ballerina Ida Nevasayneva (a.k.a. Paul Ghiselin), whose "Dying Swan, with its molting feathers and funky chicken interpolations, may well by now have eclipsed Anna Pavlova's original." Hurry! Last weekend at the Joyce Theater in New York City.
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- LISTEN: 19 Kids and Counting Star Records Transphobic Robocall
- Top Filipino Singer-Actor Comes Out as a Transgender Man