Hot Sheet: Girls Will Be Shameless
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 11 2013 3:15 PM ET
4. FILM: Journey to Fairhaven
If you can’t get enough of out actress Sarah Paulson on American Horror Story or if you’re tired of seeing her lesbian character endlessly tortured on the FX thriller, get out to the theaters this weekend to see Paulson costar in Fairhaven, a new feature-length drama from director Tom O’Brien. The story centers around writer and star Chris Messina’s Dave, who returns to his hometown of Fairhaven, Mass., to attend his estranged father’s funeral. Dave is confident he’s made the right choice leaving his small-town roots in the past, but when he comes face-to-face with old friends like Jon (played by director O’Brien) and his wife, Kate, played by Paulson, Dave discovers that sometimes, you really can go home ... but not without a few old secrets and unresolved conflicts arising in the journey. Fairhaven opens today in theaters nationwide.
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- Op-ed: Think NOM Is Dead? Think Again
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete