Hot Sheet: Girls Will Be Shameless
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 11 2013 3:15 PM ET
4. FILM: Journey to Fairhaven
If you can’t get enough of out actress Sarah Paulson on American Horror Story or if you’re tired of seeing her lesbian character endlessly tortured on the FX thriller, get out to the theaters this weekend to see Paulson costar in Fairhaven, a new feature-length drama from director Tom O’Brien. The story centers around writer and star Chris Messina’s Dave, who returns to his hometown of Fairhaven, Mass., to attend his estranged father’s funeral. Dave is confident he’s made the right choice leaving his small-town roots in the past, but when he comes face-to-face with old friends like Jon (played by director O’Brien) and his wife, Kate, played by Paulson, Dave discovers that sometimes, you really can go home ... but not without a few old secrets and unresolved conflicts arising in the journey. Fairhaven opens today in theaters nationwide.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality