Hot Sheet: Project Fanilow
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 18 2013 5:26 PM ET
9. BOOK: Twelve Views from the Distance by Mutsuo Takahashi
From one of the foremost poets in contemporary Japan comes this entrancing memoir that traces a boy’s childhood and its intersection with the rise of the Japanese empire and World War II. In 12 chapters that revisit critical points in his boyhood, Takahashi re-creates the lost world that was the setting for his beginnings as a gay man and poet. From University of Minnesota Press. Available on Amazon.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Op-ed: Indiana's 'Turn Away Gays' Bill Is a Segregation-Era Throwback
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People