Hot Sheet: Project Fanilow
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 18 2013 5:26 PM ET
6. THEATER: My First Lady
Two leading lights of LGBT theater, playwright David Koteles and director Jason Jacobs, collaborators on the GLAAD Award-nominated The Bald Diva, team up again for My First Lady, in which Martha Washington, Abigail Adams, Dolley Madison (pictured above), and Thomas Jefferson’s daughters meet for a White House tea party that quickly escalates into a battle over race, class, and gender in early America. The play, which opens tonight, is part of the New York–based Metropolitan Playhouse’s Founders Festival, featuring eight new works inspired by the writings of the nation’s founding fathers and mothers and continuing through January 27.
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks
- Op-ed: What Barney Frank Still Gets Wrong on ENDA
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- 5 Times the U.N. Resolved, Then Failed, to End Homophobia Worldwide