Hot Sheet: Super 'God Des'
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 01 2013 5:05 PM ET
4. THEATER AND ART: An Otherwise Hopeless Evening
This multimedia event honors the great gay playwright William Inge (whose Pulitzer-winning Picnic is currently being revived on Broadway) in his centenary year with a program of four short plays in which he dealt with gay themes: The Killing, The Love Death, The Boy in the Basement, and The Tiny Closet. The actors, under Travis Chamberlain’s direction, will sometimes interact with the audience in this production at Kansas City, Mo.’s Jewel Box Lounge, which once hosted the city’s first drag review. In conjunction with the production, the Jewel Box exhibits artist Joseph Keehn II’s “Most Unusual and So Homophile Works,” including portraits of Jewel Box Lounge performers, plus artifacts from the Gay and Lesbian Archive of Mid-America. Tonight through February 17.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: Democrats Throw Queers Under the Bus—Again 20 min 35 sec ago
- Transgender Transgender Woman Alleges Discrimination by Bridal Shop 33 min 30 sec ago
- Youth Boy Scouts' Decision Draws Heated Reaction From All Sides 1 hour 16 min ago
- Entertainment News Do You Hear 'Girl Men' or 'Guru Men?' 2 hours 35 min ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 7:00 AM
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 6:03 AM
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 6:00 AM