Hot Sheet: Super 'God Des'
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 01 2013 5:05 PM ET
4. THEATER AND ART: An Otherwise Hopeless Evening
This multimedia event honors the great gay playwright William Inge (whose Pulitzer-winning Picnic is currently being revived on Broadway) in his centenary year with a program of four short plays in which he dealt with gay themes: The Killing, The Love Death, The Boy in the Basement, and The Tiny Closet. The actors, under Travis Chamberlain’s direction, will sometimes interact with the audience in this production at Kansas City, Mo.’s Jewel Box Lounge, which once hosted the city’s first drag review. In conjunction with the production, the Jewel Box exhibits artist Joseph Keehn II’s “Most Unusual and So Homophile Works,” including portraits of Jewel Box Lounge performers, plus artifacts from the Gay and Lesbian Archive of Mid-America. Tonight through February 17.
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- 12 Quotes Proving Harvey Milk Still Gives Us Hope
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Alabama Must Obey Federal Decisions on Marriage Equality