Hot Sheet: Super 'God Des'
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 01 2013 5:05 PM ET
4. THEATER AND ART: An Otherwise Hopeless Evening
This multimedia event honors the great gay playwright William Inge (whose Pulitzer-winning Picnic is currently being revived on Broadway) in his centenary year with a program of four short plays in which he dealt with gay themes: The Killing, The Love Death, The Boy in the Basement, and The Tiny Closet. The actors, under Travis Chamberlain’s direction, will sometimes interact with the audience in this production at Kansas City, Mo.’s Jewel Box Lounge, which once hosted the city’s first drag review. In conjunction with the production, the Jewel Box exhibits artist Joseph Keehn II’s “Most Unusual and So Homophile Works,” including portraits of Jewel Box Lounge performers, plus artifacts from the Gay and Lesbian Archive of Mid-America. Tonight through February 17.
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- From Jail, Kim Davis Still Refuses to Issue Marriage Licenses
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The Best (and Worst) Tweets About Kim Davis
- Op-ed: Kim Davis Deserves Criticism But Not for Her Looks
- Judge Denies Divorce, Blames Marriage Equality