Hot Sheet: Super 'God Des'
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 01 2013 4:05 PM ET
4. THEATER AND ART: An Otherwise Hopeless Evening
This multimedia event honors the great gay playwright William Inge (whose Pulitzer-winning Picnic is currently being revived on Broadway) in his centenary year with a program of four short plays in which he dealt with gay themes: The Killing, The Love Death, The Boy in the Basement, and The Tiny Closet. The actors, under Travis Chamberlain’s direction, will sometimes interact with the audience in this production at Kansas City, Mo.’s Jewel Box Lounge, which once hosted the city’s first drag review. In conjunction with the production, the Jewel Box exhibits artist Joseph Keehn II’s “Most Unusual and So Homophile Works,” including portraits of Jewel Box Lounge performers, plus artifacts from the Gay and Lesbian Archive of Mid-America. Tonight through February 17.
- Travel PHOTOS: Amazing Gay Rodeo Exhibit in Indianapolis December 21 2013 6:34 PM
- Media Report: A&E CEO Suspended Robertson for Sake of Gay Employees December 21 2013 5:37 PM
- Media Should PR Exec Be Fired for AIDS Tweet? December 21 2013 3:03 PM
- Media VIDEO: Duck Dynasty Star Says Gay People are Evil Murderers December 21 2013 2:25 PM
- Business Lockheed Martin Cuts Off Money to Antigay Boy Scouts December 21 2013 1:10 PM
- Transgender LGBT Activist Goes Missing, Community Rallies December 21 2013 12:08 PM
- Transgender New Jersey Senate Passes Transgender Birth Certificate Bill December 21 2013 6:00 AM