Hot Sheet: Super 'God Des'
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 01 2013 4:05 PM ET
4. THEATER AND ART: An Otherwise Hopeless Evening
This multimedia event honors the great gay playwright William Inge (whose Pulitzer-winning Picnic is currently being revived on Broadway) in his centenary year with a program of four short plays in which he dealt with gay themes: The Killing, The Love Death, The Boy in the Basement, and The Tiny Closet. The actors, under Travis Chamberlain’s direction, will sometimes interact with the audience in this production at Kansas City, Mo.’s Jewel Box Lounge, which once hosted the city’s first drag review. In conjunction with the production, the Jewel Box exhibits artist Joseph Keehn II’s “Most Unusual and So Homophile Works,” including portraits of Jewel Box Lounge performers, plus artifacts from the Gay and Lesbian Archive of Mid-America. Tonight through February 17.
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Gay Hero of Sydney Siege Wrestled With Gunman
- READ: 9-Year-Old Girl's Adorable Letter to Newly Out Gay Teacher
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Vine Star Attempts to Justify Homophobic Video