Hot Sheet: The Perks of Being Volatile
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 08 2013 3:24 PM ET
10. THEATER: Forever Dusty
You don’t have to say you love Dusty Springfield — we know you do. Forever Dusty, a portrait of the pop legend’s life and music, is in an open-ended run at New York City’s New World Stages, but there’s a special treat for theatergoers Wednesday: a one-night-only sing-along performance, hosted by drag diva Sherry Vine (star of Here TV’s She’s Living for This) and comedian Seth Herzog. So if you long to belt out “Son of a Preacher Man,” “You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me,” “Wishin’ and Hopin’,” and other Dusty hits somewhere other than your shower, here’s your chance — and attendees are even encouraged to dress in their best ’60s-style fashions and Dusty blond beehive wigs! Kirsten Holly Smith stars in the show, which deals with Springfield’s lesbian relationships as well as the many other aspects of her life.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong