Hot Sheet: Studs and Pearls
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 22 2013 4:00 PM ET
9. BOOKS: The Accidental Feminist, How Elizabeth Taylor Raised Our
Consciousness and We Were Too Distracted by Her Beauty to Notice by M.G. Ward
There are many reasons to love the late Elizabeth Taylor, from her larger-than-life personality, to her mastery of acting, and her philanthropic work. But while we were filling movie theater seats to watch her grace the silver screen, she was taking on film roles that dealt with the role of women while also using her fame as a platform for progress in Hollywood, America, and the world. This book, now in paperback, explores the Taylor's powerful influence as a not-so-obvious feminist icon with unpublished letters, scripts, and interviews with those who knew her and studied her work.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'