Hot Sheet: Studs and Pearls
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 22 2013 3:00 PM ET
1. TELEVISION: The Oscars
Break out the tux, pop that champagne, it is Oscar weekend! With many of the categories still up in the air, this year’s ceremony looks to be a nailbiter. Will Argo overtake Lincoln? Is it Jennifer Lawrence or Jessica Chastain? First time host, Seth Macfarlane steers the ship this year, will it be a classic romp Billy Crystal-style or a crash and burn spectacle like the James Franco and Anne Hathaway hosting a few years back? Whatever happens there is always plenty to talk about the following morning, and if you’re still not sold, check out our handy Ten Reasons to Watch list and join in on the festivities. Don’t forget The Advocate (@TheAdvocateMag) Advocate Comedy (@gaysayer), and SheWired (@shewired) will all be live-tweeting the event, so follow to hear what we have to say about Hollywood’s most elegant evening. The Oscars begin at 8:30 EST on ABC.
- Federal Judge Rules for Marriage Equality in Arkansas
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Right-Wing Group Targets Trans-Friendly Federal Nominee
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?