Hot Sheet: Studs and Pearls
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 22 2013 3:00 PM ET
1. TELEVISION: The Oscars
Break out the tux, pop that champagne, it is Oscar weekend! With many of the categories still up in the air, this year’s ceremony looks to be a nailbiter. Will Argo overtake Lincoln? Is it Jennifer Lawrence or Jessica Chastain? First time host, Seth Macfarlane steers the ship this year, will it be a classic romp Billy Crystal-style or a crash and burn spectacle like the James Franco and Anne Hathaway hosting a few years back? Whatever happens there is always plenty to talk about the following morning, and if you’re still not sold, check out our handy Ten Reasons to Watch list and join in on the festivities. Don’t forget The Advocate (@TheAdvocateMag) Advocate Comedy (@gaysayer), and SheWired (@shewired) will all be live-tweeting the event, so follow to hear what we have to say about Hollywood’s most elegant evening. The Oscars begin at 8:30 EST on ABC.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment