Hot Sheet: Great and Powerful
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 08 2013 2:43 PM ET
7. THEATER: A Lady and a Woman
Long before it was accepted, in the last place you'd think it was permissible, two women forge a bond that will last forever. Playwright Shirlene Holmes’ critically-acclaimed love story recounts the courage of African-American women in the late 19th century using folklore and interlocking themes of spirituality and sexuality. The two-character play stars Velina Brown and Dawn L. Troupe. Directed by John Fisher, A Lady and a Woman will have its Theatre Rhinoceros premiere in San Francisco for a limited engagement. March 7 through 24.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel