Hot Sheet: Great and Powerful
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 08 2013 2:43 PM ET
7. THEATER: A Lady and a Woman
Long before it was accepted, in the last place you'd think it was permissible, two women forge a bond that will last forever. Playwright Shirlene Holmes’ critically-acclaimed love story recounts the courage of African-American women in the late 19th century using folklore and interlocking themes of spirituality and sexuality. The two-character play stars Velina Brown and Dawn L. Troupe. Directed by John Fisher, A Lady and a Woman will have its Theatre Rhinoceros premiere in San Francisco for a limited engagement. March 7 through 24.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Interception: Clemson Football Coach Withdraws From Antigay Fundraiser
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality