Hot Sheet: Great and Powerful
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 08 2013 2:43 PM ET
7. THEATER: A Lady and a Woman
Long before it was accepted, in the last place you'd think it was permissible, two women forge a bond that will last forever. Playwright Shirlene Holmes’ critically-acclaimed love story recounts the courage of African-American women in the late 19th century using folklore and interlocking themes of spirituality and sexuality. The two-character play stars Velina Brown and Dawn L. Troupe. Directed by John Fisher, A Lady and a Woman will have its Theatre Rhinoceros premiere in San Francisco for a limited engagement. March 7 through 24.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Texas Couple Who Sued for Marriage License Will Now Receive It
- Hillary Clinton's Kind Words to Gay Kid 'Afraid' for His Future
- South Dakota AG: Clerks Can Refuse Same-Sex Marriage Licenses
- WATCH: Rick Santorum Thinks 'People Aren't Getting Married'