Hot Sheet: Great and Powerful
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 08 2013 2:43 PM ET
7. THEATER: A Lady and a Woman
Long before it was accepted, in the last place you'd think it was permissible, two women forge a bond that will last forever. Playwright Shirlene Holmes’ critically-acclaimed love story recounts the courage of African-American women in the late 19th century using folklore and interlocking themes of spirituality and sexuality. The two-character play stars Velina Brown and Dawn L. Troupe. Directed by John Fisher, A Lady and a Woman will have its Theatre Rhinoceros premiere in San Francisco for a limited engagement. March 7 through 24.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Will PrEP Make Gay Men Stop Using Condoms?