Hot Sheet: To Be Experienced
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 15 2013 7:30 PM ET
7. EVENT: Cinemarosa film series in Queens, N.Y.
This month's installment of Cinemarosa is themed, "Fairy Tales," with a selection of films that explore identity, love, and courage. The Italian documentary Trukulutru! directed and produced by Carina Wachsmann and Ilaria Paganelli, portrays lesbian culture and life in Rome, Italy. The short fiction film Polaroid Girl (pictured above) by Brooklyn-based director April Maxey, is about Sofie, a shy aspiring photographer who literally clicks with vintage camera shop owner June as they embark on an adventurous photography mission. And the third selection, a short directed by Rhys Ernst titled The Thing, which premiered at Sundance, is about a wayward couple about to embark on a road trip. $5, Cinemarosa.org
- Op-ed: The Fine Line Between Gay Pride and Alcoholism
- Hot Sheet: Steaming Hot Outfest
- WATCH: Fox News Discovers Viewers Not as Transphobic as Hosts
- Department of Education Offers Antitrans University a 'Religious Exemption'
- Op-ed: Orange Is the New Black Proves to Be the Model of Queer TV
- Op-ed: Christian Schools Like Gordon College Don't Need a License to Discriminate