Hot Sheet: Rent Mode
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 22 2013 3:37 PM ET
10. THEATER: Bacon Strip
Bacon Strip, Seattle’s long-running “big gay variety show,” moves to a new home this weekend. The monthly event, featuring drag performers, music, and outrageous comedy, was in need of a new permanent venue since its run at Re-Bar, where the show started in 2005, ended last year. It’s found it at the Grill on Broadway’s Atrium Stage, where it opens Saturday night with a best-of show, featuring some of Bacon Strip’s most-loved performers and skits. And next month comes the Miss Bacon Strip Pageant! More info is here.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Idaho Gov. Begs Court to Reverse 'Bad Law' of Marriage Equality