Hot Sheet: Rent Mode
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 22 2013 3:37 PM ET
8. THEATER: Tinsel Tarts in a Hot Coma
This revival of the 1971 Cockettes musical extravaganza features three original members of the legendary San Francisco psychedelic drag troupe: Scrumbly Koldewyn, “Sweet Pam” Tent, and Rumi Missabu. Billed as resembling “a Busby Berkeley movie on acid,” the show follows a temperamental actress and an ingenue from Hollywood to Broadway and back in the 1930s, and it’s all set to a score of quirky musical numbers. Previews begin Thursday, and the show runs Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays through June 1. Click here for more information.
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'