Hot Sheet: Rent Mode
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 22 2013 3:37 PM ET
6. THEATER: Rent Boy: The Musical
Since there can be a musical about pretty much anything these days, why not turn escorts into a song and dance number? That’s the question behind Rent Boy: The Musical, the new show that acts out the lives of rent boys with show tunes you can sing along to at your local piano bar. With song titles such as “Gay for Pay” and “Who Invented the Jockstrap?” it may not make the best outing for your mother, but it’s better (and cheaper) than filling your weekend evenings cruising the Web. Rent Boy: The Musical is playing at New York's Richmond Shepard Theatre through March 31.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- Greg Louganis on Caitlyn Jenner: 'We All Have Our Own Journeys'
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers