Hot Sheet: Thrones, Secrets, and Kikis
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 29 2013 3:20 PM ET
3. THEATER: Marilyn: My Secret
The legendary Marilyn Monroe was said to have had love affairs with women as well as men, and this new play by Willard Manus and Odalys Nanin explores these and other diverse aspects of Monroe’s life. The real-life personages portrayed in the show include not only Monroe but acting coach Paula Strasberg, stripper Lili St. Cyr, and Robert Kennedy. The world premiere production opens Saturday at the Macha Theatre in West Hollywood and runs through April 21. Click here for tickets and more info.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- S.C. Congressional Candidate: Beware of Gay 'Gremlins'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'