Hot Sheet: Thrones, Secrets, and Kikis
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 29 2013 2:20 PM ET
1. TELEVISION: Game of Thrones Season 3 Premiere
When HBO launched Game of Thrones two seasons ago, LGBT fans wondered how true the series would be to the best-selling books by George R.R. Martin from which it was adapted. The books have enormous casts chock-full of queer characters. Even though this was HBO, it was still television, so would the show’s creators keep the LGBT content? Indeed it has. Gethin Anthony, who plays Renly, and Finn Jones, who plays his lover Loras, certainly don’t get as much play as the heteros, but they have had some of the most homoerotic scenes on TV. And if you’re a lesbian viewer? Well, this show features more boobs than Bush’s administration. Win win. Season 3, which premieres Sunday on HBO, is based on Martin’s third Fire and Ice book — widely considered his best — and showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss promised EW.com that it will be the most epic yet.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- PHOTOS: Brazilian Couples Get Married En Masse
- Mass. Lt. Gov. Candidate Backs Marriage Equality; Conservatives Object
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke 33 min 39 sec ago
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square 42 min 33 sec ago
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? 1 hour 25 min ago
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album 2 hours 26 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS 2 hours 30 min ago
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 4:10 PM
- Business 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index 3:49 PM