Hot Sheet: Thrones, Secrets, and Kikis
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 29 2013 3:20 PM ET
1. TELEVISION: Game of Thrones Season 3 Premiere
When HBO launched Game of Thrones two seasons ago, LGBT fans wondered how true the series would be to the best-selling books by George R.R. Martin from which it was adapted. The books have enormous casts chock-full of queer characters. Even though this was HBO, it was still television, so would the show’s creators keep the LGBT content? Indeed it has. Gethin Anthony, who plays Renly, and Finn Jones, who plays his lover Loras, certainly don’t get as much play as the heteros, but they have had some of the most homoerotic scenes on TV. And if you’re a lesbian viewer? Well, this show features more boobs than Bush’s administration. Win win. Season 3, which premieres Sunday on HBO, is based on Martin’s third Fire and Ice book — widely considered his best — and showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss promised EW.com that it will be the most epic yet.
- Bruce Jenner Ends Speculation, Comes Out as Transgender Woman
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- WATCH: Atlanta Trans Women Beaten on Train as Bystanders Film
- 7 Lessons in How (And How Not) to Interview Trans People
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times