Hot Sheet: Free Sketch
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 05 2013 2:15 PM ET
7. THEATER: Head of Passes
In rising young gay playwright Tarell Alvin McCraney’s newest work, set in Louisiana at the mouth of the Mississippi River, a woman is visited by ghosts as she celebrates her birthday and ponders her place in the world. Tina Landau, who directed McCraney’s The Brother/Sister Plays, is in the director’s chair again for this world premiere at Steppenwolf Theatre in Chicago. Now through June 9.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Alan Cumming on Getting 'Whacked' By Shia LaBeouf