Hot Sheet: Sexy, Evil Spartacus
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 12 2013 2:48 PM ET
10. MUSIC: Dawn Oberg: Rye
San Francisco-based singer-songwriter Dawn Oberg describes herself as “a 46-year-old, high-maintenance hussy.” Oberg’s R&B-influenced jazz has received accolades from Chicago to Nashville, but she’s attached to the City by the Bay, which she sings about in her song “Civic High”: “You're the place where it’s OK/To be transgender bi or gay.” Oberg’s latest album, Rye, is out Tuesday (ChicagoPride.com calls it one of the best albums of the year) and she has two upcoming shows in Los Angeles.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too