Hot Sheet: Sexy, Evil Spartacus
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 12 2013 2:48 PM ET
10. MUSIC: Dawn Oberg: Rye
San Francisco-based singer-songwriter Dawn Oberg describes herself as “a 46-year-old, high-maintenance hussy.” Oberg’s R&B-influenced jazz has received accolades from Chicago to Nashville, but she’s attached to the City by the Bay, which she sings about in her song “Civic High”: “You're the place where it’s OK/To be transgender bi or gay.” Oberg’s latest album, Rye, is out Tuesday (ChicagoPride.com calls it one of the best albums of the year) and she has two upcoming shows in Los Angeles.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'