Hot Sheet: Sexy, Evil Spartacus
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 12 2013 2:48 PM ET
10. MUSIC: Dawn Oberg: Rye
San Francisco-based singer-songwriter Dawn Oberg describes herself as “a 46-year-old, high-maintenance hussy.” Oberg’s R&B-influenced jazz has received accolades from Chicago to Nashville, but she’s attached to the City by the Bay, which she sings about in her song “Civic High”: “You're the place where it’s OK/To be transgender bi or gay.” Oberg’s latest album, Rye, is out Tuesday (ChicagoPride.com calls it one of the best albums of the year) and she has two upcoming shows in Los Angeles.
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'
- WATCH: Gay Dream Team of Michael Urie, Randy Harrison in Such Good People
- Texas Dads Denied Surrogacy Services Because of Marriage Discrimination
- Prominent Queer Korean, Chicana Leader Killed in Her Atlanta Home