Hot Sheet: Sexy, Evil Spartacus
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 12 2013 1:48 PM ET
7. ART: “Paul Thek and His Circle in the 1950s”
Leslie-Lohman Museum of Gay and Lesbian Art exhibits the groundbreaking early work of Paul Thek, a gay painter, sculptor, and installation artist who became famous in the 1960s for his “meat pieces,” slabs of realistic-looking flesh encased in plastic. The earlier efforts showcased at Leslie-Lohman, however, are both sensitive and frankly sexual. The show also includes the work of friends and lovers who influenced and were influenced by Thek. There’s an opening reception tonight at the New York City museum, and the exhibit continues through July 7.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View